Modern working and leisure pursuits often do little to promote healthy human function which is reflected in dysfunctional postures and related muscular or joint pain. As testament to this we live in a society where 4 out of 5 adults will suffer with low back pain at some point in their lives.
Why do I need Corrective Exercises?
· Do you have joint pain particularly in these key areas?
· Are you a sportsperson with constant injuries?
· Do you want to improve your sports performance?
· Would you like to improve your posture?
· Would you like to feel stronger and more balanced?
· Do you need to improve your flexibility?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then Corrective Exercise is for you.
What does it involve?
After an initial free introductory consultation your next visit will involve a full static and dynamic postural assessment which will allow me to assess any muscular imbalances or weakness. During this session you will learn some simple stretching and strengthening exercises which you can do at home before your next training session.
I will then design a tailored programme of stretching and exercise that will help correct identified imbalances. Your training programme will include movement based flexibility, functional movement training, bodyweight and free weight resistance training, static stretching and you will also learn self-myofascial release techniques using a foam roller.
What are the benefits of a Corrective Exercise programme?
· Identify & correct postural imbalances
· Improve posture
· Reduce joint stress and relieve pain
· Improve sports performance
· Improve power and strength
· Reduce incidence of injury
· Aid in rehabilitation from injury or surgery
· Increase joint range of motion, stability and flexibility
· Improve performance of work or daily activities